Maple and Chipotle Spiced Salmon
with broccoli, carrot, chickpea, almond and lemon couscous
35 min. | 786 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Grate the carrot. Chop the shallot. Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Chop the green onion. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Marinate the salmon In a bowl, whisk the maple syrup with the spices to taste, a generous drizzle of oil, the juice of a quarter lemon, 1 tbsp. of cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Put the salmon in another bowl and add half of the sauce. Save the rest of the sauce for the final step.
3. Cook the couscous Bring a saucepan with 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water to a boil. Pour in the couscous, cover and let it absorb the liquid off heat for 4-5 minutes. When the couscous is fluffy, break it up with a fork and add a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
4. Cook the broccoli Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the almonds and roast 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl with the chickpeas, carrot, shallot, green onion and couscous. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan and cook the broccoli for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and add to the bowl with the couscous. Add a generous drizzle of oil, the rest of the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Cook the salmon Add a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium heat. Cook the salmon 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Plate your dish Serve the salmon with the remaining maple sauce and the couscous. Bon appétit!
6gSpice Mix (ground chipotle,garlic powder)
What you need pan, pot, strainer, bowls, whisk, spatula
% daily value
% daily value